OPERATION - “HITCHED HEROES”
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREEMENT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO QUALIFIED MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES ARMED SERVICES AND HONORABLY DISCHARGED MILITARY VETERANS MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW, WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER.
Pink Door Events, The Donald and Carol Kress Pavilion, Soundfire DJ, Victoria Danielle Photography, Chris Miller Photography, Evoke Chancy Floral, Great Lakes BBQ, Monzu Bakery, The Blush Bridal Team and Kindred Vintage Rentals are the Event Sponsors, (the “Sponsors”).
Employees and their immediate families (parents, husband, wife, brothers, sisters and children) of the Sponsors and their agents, subsidiaries and affiliated businesses of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
Active, honorably discharged, or retired members of the United States Armed Services (“Qualified Veteran”). Entries are submitted by couples, but only one member of the couple must be a Military Member. Military Member must provide Form DD214 as confirmation of eligibility.
Winning couple must agree and be available to have their wedding ceremony and reception at the selected The Kress Pavilion venue on November 11, 2023 and follow the provided wedding day-of timeline.
Allowed guest count is limited to a maximum of 50 attendees, including the couple, wedding party and family.
The winning couple must also enter into a media waiver and photo release that allows all Sponsors to freely use individual, couple, and wedding photos in their advertising.
Winning couple must enter into this Wedding for Warriors Agreement.
Couples may enter on-line at www.pinkdooreventsdc.com/hitchedheroes during the entry period June 1, 2023 through July 15, 2023. No entries will be accepted after 11:59 pm, Central Time, July 15, 2023. Only one entry per couple. In the event multiple entries are received by a couple in good faith, only the first entry received will be eligible; the additional entries will be voided and disregarded. Entrants must provide a valid email address where you can be contacted if you are the winning couple. Couples who cannot be notified by the email address provided will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected.
To enter on-line, access Pink Door Events website at www.pinkdooreventsdc.com/hitchedheroes and provide requested information via the entry form. Ensure you complete the entire form and select ‘Submit’. Entries made through the Internet are deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry. The Sponsor, Pink Door Events’, administrator's server/computer is the official time keeping device for the contest. Sponsors are not liable for technical difficulties or technical failures. Incomplete entries are void. Entries which are completed or entered by other means or otherwise not in compliance with these Contest Official Rules will be disqualified.
One winning couple will be selected and the winner will be notified on or before July 25 2023, pursuant to the rules described herein. Upon being selected, the winner, and
the winner’s eligibility to participate in this contest, shall be verified and the winner will receive:
Wedding Planning & Coordination Services by Pink Door Events
Venue Rental at The Kress Pavilion – on November 11, 2023
Music and Entertainment Services by Soundfire DJ - Music services for wedding ceremony, social hour, dinner and dancing music along with a photo booth
Photography by Victoria Danielle Photography - up to 8 hours of photography coverage
Florals by Evoke Chancy Florals - final amount of florals, colors and design determined by Evoke Chancy Florals - To include personal florals for the couple and ceremony backdrop florals. Client would be responsible for cost of reception table centerpieces, wedding party/family florals or any additional florals requested.
Videography by Chris Miller Photography - up to 8 hours of video coverage with a minimum of a 1-3 minute video trailer
Catering by Great Lakes BBQ - Great Lakes BBQ will provide multiple options for the couple to choose their dinner menu from, final menu options will be up to the sole description of Great Lakes BBQ and winning couple will be responsible for any additional costs if they so choose to select additional options
Cake by Monzu Bakery - wedding cake to be provided and designed by Monzu Bakery
Hair and Makeup Services by Blush Bridal Team - hair and make up services for up to 6 people (example: bride, mother of bride, mother of groom, up to 3 bridesmaids)
Lounge Furniture and Miscellaneous Rentals by Kindred Vintage Rentals - final rental items will be chosen by Kindred Vintage Rentals with help from Pink Door Events and Evoke Chancy Florals
Wedding Ceremony officiant selected and provided by the Winner.
Wedding transportation and lodging to be selected and provided by the Winner.
Wedding invitations to be provided by the Winner.
Any additional items not included in PRIZES will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
PRIZES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UP UNTIL THE HITCHED HEROES AGREEMENT AND ALL VENDOR CONTRACTS ARE SIGNED.
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
All entries will be reviewed by Sponsers to ensure that minimum required information is included with the entry by July 15, 2023. All such qualified entries will then be reviewed by Sponsors. Sponsors’ families and employees are not eligible to enter or win. Each winning couple shall be notified on or before July 25, 2023. The selection by the Sponsors of the winning couple shall be final and binding. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Entries received after 11:59 pm, Central Time, on July 15, 2023, will not be eligible for the contest.
Along with your completed entry form, please provide a brief narrative, no more than 1000 words, addressing why you and your intended partner should be selected to win this prize. Your response will be judged based on originality, grammar, humor and how your experience relates to military
Ideas to include in your entry narrative:
Why you believe you and your partner deserve this wedding giveaway
Why you or your intended partner joined the military
Hardships you and your intended partner have endured
The impact of the military on your relationship
Limited time available to plan and execute your wedding
Places of deployment and places of residence due to the military
Amount of time spent apart from each other
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS:
Winning couples will be notified by phone and/or email on or before July 25, 2023 and will be required to sign all agreements and vendor contracts by July 31, 2023 or the Prizes will be forfeited. If a winning couple cannot be reached after five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, is subsequently unable to provide their DD214, or is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the prize, the prize will be immediately forfeited without further notice. In the case of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsors may select a new winning couple from the pool of remaining entries received according to these Contest Official Rules.
Winners will be required to furnish picture proof of identification which may include a driver’s license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification, as well as a Form DD214. Each selected winner will be required to sign an affidavit verifying eligibility, release of liability and publicity, including, but not limited to, the use of winner’s name, hometown and photograph(s) without additional compensation which must be signed, notarized and returned to PDE within fourteen (14) days of receipt, or prize will be forfeited and selected winner will be disqualified.
Planning with vendors, through Pink Door Events, will begin August 1, 2023. Dates and times of planning sessions will be determined based upon schedule and availability of winning couple and Sponsors.
Any information entrants provide to Sponsors will be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this contest.
The winners’ names, photos and cities of residence may be shown on Sponsors’ websites, social medias and in marketing materials.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION SHARED, DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST.
Entrants further agree that they do not have any right of approval, claim to compensation, or benefits claim, including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity arising out of any use of names or biographical and/or information provided.
1. No purchase or on-line access fee is required to enter this contest.
2. This contest is void wherever taxed, prohibited or restricted by law.
3. By entering the contest entrants agree to abide by all terms of the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final.
4. The odds of winning this contest will be determined by the number of eligible entries
5. All donations are in kind and are not redeemable for cash. The retail value of the prize is approximately $. A list of items and services in the prize package can be
found at www.pinkdooreventsdc.com/hitedheroes The goods and services
included in the prize package may be increased at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
6. Sponsors are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, illegible, forged, destroyed, incomplete, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or entries not otherwise in compliance with the Contest Official Rules (and such entries will be disqualified).
7. If for any reason the Internet portion of the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
8. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; PDE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on Pink Door Events’s web site.
10. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the entry was made.
11. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted by winners. Taxes, if any, are solely the winners’ responsibility. Winners shall provide Sponsors with a completed IRS Form W9, and an IRS Form 1099 shall be issued to the Winner at the end of the tax year from each Sponsor where applicable. The Winner shall be fully responsible for reporting the prize (if it meets correct thresholds) as taxable income. Sponsors expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for any further reporting or other responsibility related to winner’s tax liability, if any, relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of any prize awarded.
12. Winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release the Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated businesses and each of their officers, directors, members, managers, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this contest from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for losses, injuries or damage to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of the prize. The Sponsors expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss of any kind to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of any prize awarded.
13. Winners agree that they shall remain solely liable for any contractual agreements previously signed with other wedding vendors or venues.
14. Entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Official Rules (including the general rules) and agree that if winners fail to provide proof of identity, are found to have violated the Contest Official Rules, or otherwise do not meet eligibility criteria, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Entrants understand that Sponsors are not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this promotion and acceptance, possession, and use of prize.
15. Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Wisconsin; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorney fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
16. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant
and Sponsors in connection with the contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
17. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
18. Sponsors not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prizes. Decisions of Sponsors are final and binding in all respects
19. This promotion is sponsored by Pink Door Events and affiliate vendors, and the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the contest at any time.